Thursday, November 1, 2012

NBA Preview

Only Regular Season right now. I actually did the work to make the standings add up correctly.

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division

1.) Boston Celtics  -  54-28 (2)

I still like the depth here with Bradley back, with Green back, with Sulinger in the mix, and with Rondo. Plus, I think they are pissed that they lost Allen.


2.) Brooklyn Nets  -  46-36 (6)

Good team, but I think they are getting slightly overhyped. I do like the acquisitions of Joe Johnson (who won't have to be the star here), the return of Lopez, and the rest of that team.


3.) New York Knicks  -  44-38 (7)

The injuries to Stoudamire hurts, as does losing Shumpurt for the season. I think Melo is a great player, but that isn't what he signed up for. Tough luck, but at least they'll still be in the playoffs.


4.) Philadelphia 76ers  -  39-43  (8)

Not a huge fan of the Bynum deal for their perspective, or of letting Lou Williams go. They seem like an odd team that could easily be less than the sum of their parts.


5.) Toronto Raptors  -  35-47

I like the Raptors. I have little to say about these bad teams, so I won't try.


Central Division

1.) Indiana Pacers  -  50-32  (3)

I think they peaked last season, really. Roy Hibbert is a nice player, but I don't like the foundation of their team, and still don't think they have an go-to scorer in close games.


2.) Chicago Bulls  -  47-35  (5)

I don't think they are suddenly an average team without Rose. They were fine without Rose for much of last year, and they have lost some of their 2nd team, but I think in a more top-heavy East, and with one of the best coaches, they'll be fine.


3.) Milwaukee Bucks  -  35-47

Not a fan of pairing Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis.


4.) Detroit Pistons  -  30-52

Not a fan of this team in general, especially I don't think Greg Monroe can be a franchise type player.


5.) Cleveland Cavaliers  -  26-56

Someone has to lose a lot of games.


Southeast Division

1.) Miami Heat  - 63-19  (1)

The domination continues. They have the deepest team of their run yet, and barring injury are the clear #1 seed in the East.


2.) Atlanta Hawks  -  50-32  (4)

They'll get a boost with the dregs that make up the rest of the division. The Hawks still have a good nucleus, with a healthy Horford returning to the fold.


3.) Washington Wizards  -  31-51

The Bottom of...


4.) Orlando Magic  -  23-59

Is so incredilby....


5.) Charlotte Bobcats  -  18-64

Pathetic it is Scary.


Western Conference


Midwest Division

1.) San Antonio Spurs  -  59-23  (1)

They still have the most scarily effective regular season setups I've seen, and with some improvement from Kwahi Leonard and Tiago Splitter offsetting any decline from their Big 3, they should be fine.


2.) Memphis Grizzlies  -  50-32  (5)

They still have the pieces to be a really tough out. I think Zach Randolph won't rebound too much but they are good enough to win 50, again.


3.) Houston Rockets  -  44-38  (7)

That trade for Harden really helps them. They have the talent to make it back to the playoffs. I just hope that Daryl Morey didn't 'shoot his wad' on Harden. There have to be other moves?


4.) Dallas Mavericks  -  39-43

I don't like the Kaman addition, and while Darren Collison is a nice player, I think that they will miss Jason Terry. Dirk's injury woes are a little precarious as well.


5.) New Orleans Hornets  -  24-58

The future is the real concern for the Hornets as they build around Davis.


Northwest Division

1.) Oklahoma City Thunder  -  57-25  (2)

Losing Harden hurts. It really cripples their chances in 2012-13, but this wasn't a move for 2012-13 at all, really. I do like Kevin Martin, but no way is he anything close to Harden.


2.) Denver Nuggets  -  53-29  (4)

I like this as a regular season team. They have so much depth, which is more important in the regular season. I'm just a little nervous about how Andre Iguadala will fit in.


3.) Minnesota Timberwolves  -  43-39  (8)

I think the T'Wolves make that little jump and make the playoffs. Hopefully Rubio is back soon, but they have a lot of depth as it is.


4.) Utah Jazz  -  39-43

Not a huge fan of another team that, to me, seems less than the sum of their parts.


5.) Portland Trail Blazers  -  34-48

It is amazing the Blazers were seen as a model franchise as recently as five years ago. They probably would've been had they just picked Durant and not Oden.


Pacific Division

1.) Los Angeles Lakers  -  56-26  (3)

I don't know how they will all mesh. Dwight Howard is obviously a huge signing, but Kobe showed signs of slippage last season, and Steve Nash is quite old. Anyway, they are good, and they'll be better in the playoffs.


2.) Los Angeles Clippers  -  48-34  (6)

Still have Paul/Griffin but I don't think they can challenge the top teams in the conference. They were woefully outmatched by San Antonio last May, and that was no fluke.


3.) Golden State Warriors  -  35-47

The Bottom of this....


4.) Phoenix Suns  -  34-48

Division is so utterly...


5.) Sacremento Kings  -  24-58

Mediocre it is just Sad.




2.) Denver Nuggets  -  53-29  (4)

Not sure if Andre Iguadala will work or not, but they are so deep. They are a perfect regular season team when depth matters so much more.

About Me

I am a man who will go by the moniker dmstorm22, or StormyD, but not really StormyD. I'll talk about sports, mainly football, sometimes TV, sometimes other random things, sometimes even bring out some lists (a lot, lot, lot of lists). Enjoy.