Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2011 NFL Playoffs: Wild Card Picks

Yes I forgot to post these, but believe me, they were my picks. Honestly, I wish I could take back everything I said from that Steelers/Broncos pick. I'm sorry Mr. Tebow.



Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans (-3)

The Texans have a better running game. They have a better defense. They have equal receivers. They have a much better o-line. The Texans are at home, and will have a jacked-up crowd. I don't think it is a blowout, because Yates is probably not good enough for that too happen, but I don't understand the case for the Bengals. They faced a Texans team in a worse situation 6 weeks ago and lost. They do again here.


Bengals 13  Texans 20 (HOU)




Detroit Lions @ New Orleans Saints (-11.5)

I really want to pick the Lions to cover, because that first game was closer than the score indicated, and they are getting Suh and Delmas in this game. Also, the Lions had decent success against hte Saints offense, at least relative to the other teams who played them in the dome (stat that will shock you: the Buccaneers are the team that gave up the fewest points to the Saints in the Superdome - 27). The Superdome is just too much of a factor. They will not lose there this season. Unluckily for them, unless GB gets knocked off, they won't play there again.


Lions 24  Saints 38 (NO)




Atlanta Falcons @ New York Giants (-4)

The Giants are the better team, but they are capable of laying an egg. The Falcons are a team that dominates bad teams (their wins over the Colts, Jags, Bucs) but really struggles to get good offensive production against good teams (their losses to the Packers and Saints, neither of whom have great defenses). I feel bad for Matt Ryan because I think his playoff record will drop to 0-3, but then again, Peyton Manning started his playoff career 0-3, and the great Tom Brady is 0-for-his-last-3 in the playoffs. The Giants will be able to get enough pressure on Ryan to contain the explosivity of the Falcons receivers (I love talking like Brian Billick). The Giants on the other hand will really be able to make hay without Brent Grimes. Running game is an advantage for the Falcons, but in 2011, that really isn't a huge deal, especially since Atlanta really isn't a great running team but merely a decent one.


Falcons 17  Giants 27 (NYG)



Pittsburgh Steelers (-10.5) @ Denver Broncos 

I'm taking Pittsburgh. I don't see how Denver wins unless Ben is just really hobbled, and with Mendenhall out they cannot relieve some of that with running. Honestly, if they get a quick lead, if I'm Tomlin, I'm putting in Charlie Batch, who has proved more than capable in the past. The Tebow miracle ends here. I just have to think that at some point, he will need to complete some big plays, and after seeing the last three weeks, he really cannot right now. I hate taking all favorites, and I promise it will not come close to happening next week, but I'm doing it.


Steeelers 27  Broncos 13 (PIT)




Enjoy the Games!!

About Me

I am a man who will go by the moniker dmstorm22, or StormyD, but not really StormyD. I'll talk about sports, mainly football, sometimes TV, sometimes other random things, sometimes even bring out some lists (a lot, lot, lot of lists). Enjoy.